Sunday, July 23, 2017

Satureday 1500 Bequia

After a nice first 24hrs with 155nm (x1.85=285km) with highest incidental speed of 10.1knots..  
The second halve of the trip took 2 full days..  Not enough wind and in the end also from wrong direction..  
The Mercedes (Iron sail) finished the trip off in a 10 hrs run..
Rocna dropped at 1500...        

Very nice to be here again..

Whatever was not there but Boyo arrived Sunday... 


8 knots at 20.53 (00.53 UTC, dark at 1930, getting light at 0500), 
course 176 (SXM to St Eustatia) 
and water temp 30.9C..  Air temp 27C btw

Still woodwork to do...

Saturday morning.. St Vincent..  Bequia right side/outside picture

Admiralty Bay


 


 First and only 'catch' jumped on board its self after just 5 minutes..

Lure lost and alcohol to send 'fish' quickly off by putting some Gin in their gills..
Next lure

was not working with to much weed in water..
 Reading Material..  normally a book a day..  This time only halve a book, did a lot of 'resting'..  In the Hurricane season the Caribbean Sea is desolated..  In 70 hours at sea I really saw ONLY 1 other boat, a small container boat passing at a few 100m.. Nothing else, not even at far distance.. nothing.
I got halfway in this book about Cees de Bruyn Kops...

Wowww...
Selles?




 Boyo Bob and Lia



Wednesday, July 19, 2017

And we are off..SXM-Bequia..

A book a day..  2 or 3 books..
Bye bye SXM

Monday, July 17, 2017

SXM - Bequia.. Monday (2).. DON


Wednesday morning (sxm)
 Don is dead... and Invest 96 has a tough road ahead.
So now its light winds at the end near Bequia, no hurry..



Tuesday morning 0900 (sxm).. 
This AM tropics map shows Tropical Storm Don with Invest 96 behind.
 Don has continued to keep healthy with winds bumped up to 50mph. Officially NHC has him peaking at 60mph. Have to keep watching as smaller systems can be tricky. Seems to be struggling some this AM however so keep up on the latest 11am advisory. He is tracking west at a quick 18mph. Our new area Invest 96 looks to be pulled more north. Hard to say yet with this one as models aren't showing much. Seems watching in real time is proving the best method right now as models have been all over the place it seems. Everything updated on the site and APP. www.spaghettimodels.com / Mikes Weather Page APP



Monday 2000 (sxm)..........
Well.. Condor ready to move, the 'Don' gets named..  So I'll have a closer look tomorrow, departure delayed..

 
A tropical storm warning has been issued for Grenada, while Barbados, St Lucia and St Vincent and the Grenadines are under tropical storm watches, following the formation of the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane season’s fourth storm.

DON is its name


 “This motion is expected to continue through Wednesday, with a gradual increase in forward speed.  On the forecast track, the centre of Don will move through the Windward Islands late Tuesday and Tuesday night,” it said.
“Little change in strength is forecast during the next 48 hours.”

Looks now like wet windy trip, and U never know, although not expected, if it goes more north it will be wetter and probably windier...











Sunday, July 16, 2017

SXM to Bequia... monday

 

Wait one more day until Invest 95 has passed..
It's a 2 day trip/48hrs..

Invest 95 pops up overnight in the Atlantic.
NHC has odds already at 40%.
Models not too excited right now. Most have it heading due west. We will watch! www.spaghettimodels.com / Mikes Weather Page APP


 Roy (69)
 Bas, Reina en Kim

 Silverstone on board Condor with Bas and Gaby



 


Saturday, July 8, 2017

Saturday 8th.... till next weekend. What to do/where to go and when...

Wednesday morning..

All is clear now..  no problems


Tuesday morning..

Wave from Africa  showed potential, but now it has disappeared sort of, and now something comes behind it..  Nothing special..  
Even thinking of sailing through it down south to have some more wind..  😎


Monday morning...
 
Couple spots to kinda watch. Old TD #4 is still firing and trying hard to get some circulation. Not interesting for us..

A wave out in the deep Atlantic still at 20% from the NHC this AM. GFS going bonkers over it... others not much at all. Wave is there... conditions not that bad... so always a shot as it heads west. Many days to watch and see if it develops. Whatever it is should reach the Lesser Antilles Friday'ish.

Bottom line nothing too concrete on these...  just areas to keep an eye on.  www.spaghettimodels.com / Mikes Weather Page APP




Sun morning
Still getting ready for Monday evening departure, just in case..
To Bonaire would be 475nm.. under spi 6knx24= 150nm a day..  3 days..

Sunday morning prediction for Sat 15th 1400..  To close for comfort....?



.........
Sat evening

And suddenly predictions are.. its smaller/less violent and ..  no problems  here in SXM

 ..............
Sat morning 

Old TD #4 still shooting off some showers but no problems... 

The big one off Africa is next. GFS has been all over it... EURO off and on. 
First step is surviving the big jump onto water.
Timing has whatever it becomes nearing the Lesser Antilles later into next week. www.spaghettimodels.com


 0800 (on 8 July)   predictions..  for Friday 1700..
 So if it stays down we are good here in SXM..  But shit mostly goes up, where we are...    Ready to go

Wednesday 1100
Thursday 13th 1100
Friday 14 1700