Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Out..

 So bottom got some corrosion damage but nothing I cant fix..

There was no anode to be found anywhere, also not on sail drive btw, so that in combination with stainless steel lift keel is the reason of the corrosion damage,,

Remains the problem that the boat was leaking, but since I was on the boat for the 1st time a week ago I never heard the bilge pump running..

only once 20sec when Wildcard was towed last Friday..

I bailed all the water out the night before haul out, and next morning was back in to same level, and no more..  I'm sure bilge pump did not pump anything out, so water ingress stopped apparently..

So my theory/hope is that water comes in though bad looking bit at ass on waterline, and the water flows to the deepest place in the hull..  in the bow section that appeared 2 be..

So boat got heavier in front, thus lifting the back and the leak comes above waterline... AND no more water coming in..

I will investigate more, start cleaning suspect spots and probably fill the hull with water 2 see if water will come out anywhere..

So I expect it will only come out at the ass when hull filled 2 that level with water..  😎


Cheers


 


 So I think this is the leak taking in water..

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment